For information on treating herpes with Dynamiclear, a superior topical treatment, visit their website.
Are you already familiar with the herpes killing power of Dynamiclear? Order Dynamiclear Now.
Herpes and Cold Sore Remedies. How can I reduce my outbreaks?
The duration of a herpes or cold sore outbreak (and the time between each outbreak) can vary from person to person. Once every three months is the average rate of recurrence.
The frequency and severity of attacks will normally depend upon each person’s body and factors such as stress, lifestyle, the condition of the person’s immune system and what particular treatment is being used.
Diet and lifestyle changes can be helpful in managing herpes. Good rest, exercise and a diet high in Lysine will assist your body in strengthening the immune system against the herpes virus. There are also herbs and supplements that can be taken to boost your body’s natural immune function against viruses.
Products like Dynamiclear and Lysine can help shorten the duration of an outbreak
and reduce the possibility of a recurrence. Suppressive medications can also
help you to manage herpes but they are prescription only and you will need to
consult your Doctor to determine if these are a suitable option for you.
There are many treatments available for herpes
and finding one that works best for you will be a personal choice.
In your search for a treatment, consider these points:
- Genital herpes can be mistaken for many different conditions
and so should ALWAYS be diagnosed professionally. It is important to know
exactly what condition you are treating before looking for possible solutions.
- Antibiotics will have little to no effect on a herpes condition.
This is because herpes is a virus; antibiotics are used to treat bacterial
infections and are useless on viruses.
- Cortisone or Steroid based creams and medications are NOT recommended
to be used on herpes conditions. Although they may seem to work initially
they are actually contraindicative for herpes and can cause the outbreak to
‘flare up’ and become worse.
- Be wary of any herpes product that claims to “cure” the herpes virus.
Although a treatment may be able to eliminate the physical symptoms there
is still the possibility of viral shedding, which means that you still may
be able to transmit the virus even if you have experienced no further symptoms
after using the treatment.
Current testing methods cannot determine if a person is cured of the virus because these tests work by detecting the levels of “antibodies” in the bloodstream.
Antibodies are the immune system’s memory responses and, once exposed to a condition, they will remain in a person’s body for life to protect them in the case of a future attack. Therefore, if a product claims to be a cure it cannot scientifically be proven and therefore should be treated with skepticism.
If you try a treatment and do not find it helpful do not be disheartened. Many people with herpes need to try more than one treatment before they find one that works best for them.
According to a survey conducted by the American Social Health Association (1991), most patients with Herpes try between two and five different therapies.
- Prescription drugs
- OTC “cold sore” treatments
- Topical solutions
- Herbal remedies
- Vitamins and supplements
- Nutritional changes
- And more
How to find a treatment that actually works for “you”.
The next page shows a list of reputable Herpes Treatments that are known to work effectively for many people, as well as helpful information about the role of Diet and Nutrition with Herpes.
Included are Self-help Tips and Home Remedies which can help to alleviate pain and discomfort.
List of reputable Herpes and Cold Sore Remedies
- Prescription Antiviral Medications (suppressive)
- Dynamiclear (topical solution)
- Lysine and Supplements (diet and nutrition)
- Immune Strengtheners
- Healing Agents and Home Remedies
Herpes Prescription Medications (suppressives)
The standard, effective and specific treatment for genital herpes is antiviral therapy, which is usually in tablet form. This type of therapy is normally only prescribed for cold sores when the case is particularly severe or frequent.
Antiviral herpes drugs include Valtrex, Famvir, and Acyclovir. All of these drugs have a similar mode of action and help to stop HSV from replicating inside the body.
These treatments only work while you are taking the drug and cannot prevent future outbreaks once you stop taking it.
Antiviral medications can be used in one of 2 ways to:
1) Treat outbreaks when and if they happen (episodic)
Known as “episodic” treatment, the aim is to shorten the time each outbreak lasts for and to relieve the active symptoms. If you are coping well and your outbreaks are not too frequent, you and your doctor may agree that episodic treatment is the most appropriate option.
2) Prevent or delay recurrent outbreaks by taking tablets everyday (suppressive)
If your recurrent outbreaks are frequent or severe your doctor may recommend that you take oral antiviral medication every day to help prevent outbreaks happening. “Suppressive” therapy is taken continuously, e.g. daily, for months or even years, but is normally very effective in helping to prevent recurrences.
Oral antiviral medication is only available by prescription. You should consult your doctor for further information about antiviral treatment for your particular situation.
Antiviral treatments can:
- Shorten the duration of a herpes outbreak and help speed healing
- Reduce the number of outbreaks suffered - or prevent them completely
These medical drugs are usually synthetically made and their usage should be very strictly monitored.
Prescription Medications - Insider Pros (advantages, from those of us in the know):
- When these drugs work, they can be very effective, both in treating the active outbreak as well as in helping to prevent recurrences.
- These drugs can help to reduce viral shedding. Viral shedding is a serious concern because it indicates that the virus can be spread at times when there are no visible symptoms. These drugs have been proven to reduce, but not eliminate, this risk.
- These drugs are covered by medical insurance policies world-wide. This reduces the cost but it is a much needed reduction. The market prices are astronomical, particularly if you use these drugs on an ongoing basis.
- Valtrex, Famvir and Acyclovir are the only FDA approved medications for genital herpes. This is largely due to the fact that comprehensive clinical studies have been conducted for these treatments, proving their safety, tolerability and efficacy.
Prescription Medications - Insider Cons (disadvantages, from those of us in the know):
- These drugs can be very expensive, as costly as US$400 per month. The typical cost is US$130.00 for 1 x ten day course (which is enough for approximately one outbreak). If you require Valtrex for a year of suppressive therapy this will cost close to US$1100 per year. There are however different strengths / doses and the cost is much less (but still expensive) when covered by Medical Insurance.
- These drugs only work while you are taking them, which means they need to be taken on an ongoing basis and regularly refilled by your pharmacy. You can take them either as a suppressive therapy (every day) or episodic (when you actually have symptoms), depending on how your Doctor prescribes them for you.
- There is a long list of possible side-effects, including mild adverse reactions such as diarrhea, nausea and headaches but also much more serious possible side-effects such as kidney damage, hair loss and depression. Not everyone is affected in the same way. The milder side-effects are quite common but some people may never experience any side-effect.
- These drugs are NOT effective when taken 72 hours after symptoms begin. You need to begin these drugs as soon as you feel any signs or symptoms and no later than 72 hours after in order for the medication to work.
- A prescription is required, although this is a pro for safety it can be
embarrassing and inconvenient when you have to obtain a prescription from
your Doctor and then have it filled by your pharmacy each time you need a
refill. This process adds to the cost and is not ideal for discretion.
- They do not work for everyone; this is of course the case with all treatments. Although these drugs work very well for a lot of people there are many people who they simply do not work for. Other alternatives are available if these drugs do not work for you.
Dynamiclear (topical solution)
Dynamiclear is a topical product (applied externally) that is used on active skin lesions or outbreaks that consist of a visible break in the skin.
Dynamiclear is a favored product in these cases because it is simple to use, works effectively and will normally last a long time (making it good value for money compared to other treatment options).
The Dynamiclear formulation has also undergone Clinical Trials with a 98% success rate - a higher success rate than medically prescribed treatments.
The use of this product can result in:
- Rapid healing of the infected area
- Smaller, less intense outbreaks
- Partial/Complete end to symptoms associated with the herpes simplex virus
Dynamiclear works by destroying virus particles on impact, which affects both the initial outbreak that is treated as well as future episodes.
The fact that the herpes virus will retreat into the nervous system makes it extremely difficult to eliminate completely. What can be done is to attack the virus every time that it surfaces, depleting it with each encounter and diminishing the amount of virus retreating back into the nervous system.
This can lower the virus levels in the body which helps the immune system have greater control over future outbreaks. This is why some users of Dynamiclear have had no further outbreaks. Other users have reduced the severity of their monthly outbreaks down to mild, infrequent recurrences.
Dynamiclear also accelerates the recovery time of outbreaks which reduces the inconvenience and embarrassment of the situation.
Dynamiclear - Insider Pros (advantages, from those of us in the know):
- There are no known side-effects. This is a huge plus in terms of long term health, especially since side-effects are a common concern with conventional herpes treatments. Dynamiclear is made of all natural ingredients (based on a mineral compound and herb formulation) with the only negative effect being a stinging sensation that should be felt when it is applied.
- It is a “single dose” application.The solution is odorless and does not have to be applied repeatedly or at times when there are no symptoms. If you have tried other topical products you will appreciate the concept of a clean and concise ‘single’ application. This sets Dynamiclear apart from all other topical treatments on the market as it only needs to be applied 1 time per outbreak.
- One 12mL bottle goes a long way. There is enough solution in a standard bottle of Dynamiclear to potentially treat 80 to 100 outbreaks. This is attributed to the fact that the solution is concentrated and only 1 to 3 drops (applied to a wet cotton swab) are used at one time. So when you do the math, in the majority of cases, one bottle can last between several months to a year, or longer, and that is with regular use.
- Super fast healing. Most people who use Dynamiclear report that it works faster than any other product they have ever used, with noticeable results starting shortly after making the application. This may be part of the reason why it is called Dynamiclear which means “Power Clear” in ancient Greek.
- The Clinical Trial results are encouraging> and give new hope to sufferers of this virus. Recent Clinical Trials demonstrate that the Dynamiclear formulation is a safe and effective treatment for Herpes simplex infections. This is particularly good news for people who are looking for an alternative treatment to the conventional suppressive medications.
- Future outbreaks are affected and continue to reduce with each application.> Considering that this is a topically applied product (not a pill) this has got to be one of the best advantages of Dynamiclear, the fact that once it is applied it continues to affect the virus cycles. Typically, the symptoms will become less severe and less frequent if used consistently (once per outbreak).
- There is a money-back guarantee if it doesn’t work for you.No ‘one’ product will work for everyone and in the plight to overcome herpes it is likely that you will spend a lot of money trying to find that one product (or combination of products) that actually works for you. Dynamiclear has a good success rate but even better is the fact that you can get a refund on your money if it doesn’t work for you and you have a six month trial period to do so.
Dynamiclear - Insider Cons (disadvantages, from those of us in the know):
- This product is only suitable for people who experience ‘active’ outbreaks. If you do not have any visible skin irritation with your outbreaks (such as a lesion, cut, tear or break in the skin) then Dynamiclear will not be of any use to you. It needs to be applied to an ‘active’ infection in order for the solution to be able to make contact with the virus and to be effective.
- Repeated applications can make the area sensitive. The Dynamiclear solution is quite strong (which is why it appears to work so powerfully on outbreaks) and only needs to be applied once per outbreak, that is, once per sore / infection site. Sometimes a person may be so desperate to get rid of an infection that they will repeatedly apply the product, this is a no-no. When you repeatedly apply Dynamiclear what you are actually doing is repeatedly “attacking” the area, which can cause it to temporally become irritated. Doing this can also prolong the healing time which is the last thing that you want.
The Golden Rule is to apply the solution only once per outbreak, this allows the treatment to progress to the next phase (which is the healing stage). The manufacturer’s Instruction Leaflet has a good guide to how and when to make the application and covers exceptions to this rule (such as if you apply the solution early, you may like to make a second application later on, etc).
- This product does not work for everyone, unfortunately no one product ever will. Although Dynamiclear may work well for a lot of people there are those who will not respond to the treatment. The product does provide a six month satisfaction guarantee so if it does not help it can at least be returned for a refund.
More information: www.dynamiclear.com
Herpes Diet and Supplement Advice
Paying attention to diet and nutrition can be a simple yet effective approach when managing herpes and cold sores.
When people talk about “diet” with herpes, it is normally in relation to the amino acids Lysine and Arginine. Simply put, Arginine is required by the herpes virus to become active and to grow.
Lysine does the opposite and slows down the growth of the herpes virus. It does this by naturally restricting the levels of Arginine in the body. So, to help manage outbreaks it is helpful to eat foods HIGH in Lysine and LOW in Arginine.
Taking Lysine supplements (at least 2 x 625 mg tablets daily) can help take the worry out of maintaining this diet. By taking this amino acid (Lysine) in a tablet form you are guaranteeing that your body gets enough Lysine to counter-react the effects of the Arginine which you are sourcing naturally from your diet.
There are no side-effects noted, so for many people who are interested in a natural approach this can be worthwhile.
We recommend Thompson’s with Vitamin C, Zinc and Bioflavonoids because it is quality manufactured and contains all the recommended supplements for herpes in one tablet, making it cost effective.
Lysine (also referred to as L-lysine) is a natural amino acid that “restricts” the herpes virus from becoming active.
Once a person has contracted herpes or cold sores the virus will remain in the body. Most of the time when herpes symptoms are not present on the skin the virus remains in a latent (inactive) state in the central nervous system, where it does no damage.
When the virus reactivates (wakes up), it travels nerve paths to the surface of the skin. This is when you begin to notice symptoms and soon enough a cold sore or herpes outbreak may be on its way.
restricts the herpes virus from becoming active. It does this by interfering with its natural “food” source, Arginine, an amino acid that is required by the virus to replicate and become active.
Lysine can be taken daily to counter-react the growth and activity of the virus and to help prevent outbreaks altogether. During an active outbreak, the dosage can be increased to assist the body in clearing the infection quickly.
Lysine is also beneficial in relieving the itching, tingling, redness, pain and burning sensations that often accompany an outbreak.
Vitamin C and Zinc
Vitamin C and Zinc work to repair and protect the skin from the inside-out.
Vitamin C andZinc help the skin to repair, regenerate and heal more efficiently. They also help to strengthen the skin’s resistance against infections.
Clinical studies have shown that taking zinc supplements can help to reduce the frequency, intensity and duration of herpes outbreaks. This is attributed to zinc’s ability to enhance cell mediated immunity.
Vitamin C and zinc both have wound healing properties and Vitamin C is vital to the production of collagen (a fiber that connects and strengthens connective tissue, such as the skin).
Bioflavonoids help your body to absorb and utilize Vitamin C more efficiently. They also offer resistance to infection, are a natural antioxidant, free radical destroyer and immune booster.
Clinical studies have found that combining Vitamin C with Bioflavonoids can inhibit the formation and bursting of the blisters. This gives you the advantage of fighting the outbreak before it even begins.
Bioflavonoids enhance the body’s absorption of Vitamin C and help to improve and prolong its effect. For this reason, Vitamin C and Bioflavonoids should always be taken together for best results.
Boost your Immune System
Your immune system is your most valuable weapon against the herpes and cold sore virus - it is your body’s natural defense mechanism.
Your immune system is responsible for your recovery during an outbreak, as well as controlling the frequency and severity of re-occurrences.
- Olive Leaf,
These are three herbs that can help to boost your immune system and improve your body’s resistance against retroviruses, such as herpes. They are specifically effective for herpes conditions because they have “antiviral” properties while also being powerful immune stimulators.
has been proven to reduce viral shedding in Clinical Trials (this helps to reduce a major risk factor in relation to spreading and preventing herpes).
Andrographis inhibits herpes virus activity in vitro and improves the level of killer T-helper cells(cells in your immune system that are essential to control viruses).
Echinacea assists the body in the formulation of “interferon”, a compound which blocks replication of virus proteins. Echinacea also increases levels of “properdin”. This is a protein in the body that helps the immune system destroy viruses.
A reliable source for these herbs is a supplement called Immune Support (manufactured by Nature’s Own). It contains this specific herb combination (Andrographis, Olive Leaf and Echinacea) and is made to strict safety and quality standards.
To help manage herpes, take this supplement daily and increase the dosage when you have active symptoms (as per the recommended dosage).
Benefits of taking Immune Support:
- Boosts your body’s immune system resistance against the herpes virus
- Naturally helps to reduce viral shedding
Healing Agents and Home Remedies
Half of the discomfort of an outbreak happens before or after any sores appear. Here are a few remedies to help deal with the pain and itching.
Aloe vera gel:
Aloe vera can be your lifesaver when it comes to cooling down the rash and itching symptoms. It gives instant relief to itching and redness and is safe to use on all mucous membranes (which means you can apply it safely where other topical products are not recommended, such as inside the mouth, on the genitals, etc).>
Aloe vera gel is also very good in healing that pesky scab that forms. The beauty of using aloe gel to heal the scab (compared to other topical healing agents) is that aloe vera feeds the scab with nutrients to help repair the skin while still allowing the scab to breathe naturally and to remain dry.
This is really important because if you do not allow the scab to breathe (and cover it or moisten it, like some products do) then it can take longer to heal.
Aloe vera is a common but versatile plant and it could even be growing in your own garden. If you don’t have it growing, you can pick it up for around $10 from www.dynamiclear.com or possibly your local pharmacist. Do NOT use Aloe vera creams or bi-products, it must be the pure inner Aloe vera gel, substitutes will not do.
Aloe vera gel is NOT anti-viral and so should not be used solely to treat the condition, it is intended to help heal the scab and/or soothe the itching that is normally present with an outbreak. See the treatment options (above) for remedies that can help to clear the actual infection.
Salt Baths and Ocean Swims:
Used to wash areas below the waist, salt baths can clean, soothe and dry the sores. Use 1 teaspoon of salt in 600ml of water or a large handful in a shallow bath. Use Epsom salts if available. This will help to dry out and clean the sores.
A long swim in the ocean will also work well, with a similar effect.
General Pain Relievers:
Include simple analgesics such as aspirin and paracetamol. Prescription “pain killers” may also be an option if your outbreaks are very painful. You will need to talk to your Doctor about this option if you think it might be needed.
By wearing loose underclothes (preferably cotton, not nylon) or no underwear at all during an outbreak you can help minimize discomfort and allow healing. If chafing is a problem, try wearing no underwear if you can or only thin cotton material to separate the rubbing areas.
Relieve Painful Urination:
For anyone experiencing extreme pain when urinating, the process can be less painful when done in a cool bath and it is important to remember to drink plenty of fluids as this dilutes the urine.
Set on the “cool” setting, a hairdryer can give instant cooling relief to painful sores.
Can be soothing if wrapped in a towel and applied directly to the sores.
Vitamin E Oil / Cream:
Healing of the skin after an outbreak does not normally leave any marking however, occasionally the skin may be left marked, red or inflamed after the outbreak has subsided. It is quite important not to scratch or pick the area when it is healing (even though it can be tempting). If you pick or pull at the scab, you may undo the repair process and tear your skin again, which means it will probably take longer to heal. You may even get a scar. So let that scab sit there, your skin
will thank you!
No matter which treatment you use, the best thing that you can do is to be gentle with your skin and allow the area to heal naturally. You can also encourage new skin growth and regeneration using certain products. When the area is still healing you could apply Aloe vera gel onto the scab, this can help it clear quickly with minimal itching. If the skin is left red or damaged after the outbreak has gone, you may like to try applying either pure Vitamin E Oil (if possible) or a Vitamin E Cream to help repair the skin. A very high quality source of Vitamin E Oil can be obtained from Vitamin E capsules. Vitamin E is renowned for its skin healing and restoration properties. Apply daily for best results.
Order Dynamiclear Now